Brazilians taking over New York City.

I was in New York yesterday, and it was a bea chi ful day to gat up and take the 45 minute drive north. (soooo farrrr)


Everywhere I went I heard Portuguese, of course Brazilian. I remember that I read recently that Brasileiros spend more than any other foreign visitor in New York while there. Pretty representative of what I saw I'd say...the new way to spot a Brazuca family is look what kind of shopping bags they are carrying. The obligatory shopping bag is Louis Vuitton. Most likely they will hold that in the same hand as their Tiffany, Cartier and Mikkimoto bags. On the other arm is their 2 year old stereotypically un-Brazilian looking child being a little whiny, but nothing revolutionary.


I bet most Americans confuse them to be Italian. 

Too bad I didn't strike up conversation with any of them. I have this weird thing where I get nervous around random Brasileiros because I'm afraid I'll forget a word or something in Portuguese. I guess its time for me to grow some balls.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive