Whacha think of Salvador?

With the possibility to traveling to Brasil in the near future, it looks as if Salvador may be a destination that we could visit.

I have heard many things about the place, some of them conflicting. Some people like it, others not so much, others not at all. My Paulista freind Lilia did not like it..."Foi taaaao cheiooo, nao gostei" she said. Funny cause she lived in Sao Paulo, although she's from Sao Jose dos Campos.

I think personally it looks like Havana in the pictures I've seen, except much larger but just as grimy in the old areas like Pelourinho and Cidade Baixa. The new areas like Paralela looked nice though in the picutres. One thing that is for sure; the construction boom shows how fast the economy of Brasil is growing.
                                                              Novos empreendimentos


So, what do you all think of Salvador? Anything I should be advised about?

Valeu gente & abs!
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive